A 75-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a handgun Aug. 31, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A woman placed a 911 call just after 1:30 p.m. when she found the man lying wounded on the floor of their home on 165th Street.
Police and emergency medical personnel arrived at the home to find the man had unintentionally shot himself with a 0.22 caliber handgun and was losing a significant amount of blood.
He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital by ambulance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Christian's Ryan Dekker named Teacher of the Year by local radio station
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Council: Smaller setback is enough for City Lights
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- Officials concerned over amount of retail on Bluemound (3)
- Brookfield criticizes state Hotel and Lodging Association proposal
- Brookfield chicken amendment moves on
- Brookfield to continue chicken talks