A 75-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a handgun Aug. 31, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A woman placed a 911 call just after 1:30 p.m. when she found the man lying wounded on the floor of their home on 165th Street.
Police and emergency medical personnel arrived at the home to find the man had unintentionally shot himself with a 0.22 caliber handgun and was losing a significant amount of blood.
He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital by ambulance.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)