A 75-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a handgun Aug. 31, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A woman placed a 911 call just after 1:30 p.m. when she found the man lying wounded on the floor of their home on 165th Street.
Police and emergency medical personnel arrived at the home to find the man had unintentionally shot himself with a 0.22 caliber handgun and was losing a significant amount of blood.
He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital by ambulance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun