A 75-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a handgun Aug. 31, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A woman placed a 911 call just after 1:30 p.m. when she found the man lying wounded on the floor of their home on 165th Street.
Police and emergency medical personnel arrived at the home to find the man had unintentionally shot himself with a 0.22 caliber handgun and was losing a significant amount of blood.
He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital by ambulance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction starts on Brookfield Square expansion
- Wisconsin's Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Elmbrook School District faces $1 million reduction in funding under Gov. Scott Walker's budget (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 26
- North side Brookfield residents continue to battle flooding
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- On the Move: Feb. 26
- Education Notes: Feb. 29
- Elmbrook Parent Network to address appropriate social media use in panel discussion