A 75-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a handgun Aug. 31, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A woman placed a 911 call just after 1:30 p.m. when she found the man lying wounded on the floor of their home on 165th Street.
Police and emergency medical personnel arrived at the home to find the man had unintentionally shot himself with a 0.22 caliber handgun and was losing a significant amount of blood.
He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital by ambulance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police pursuing suspect in shots fired incident
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- The Corridor project in Brookfield criticized for height, density and its name
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Brookfield Library celebrates fall
- City recognized for financial reporting
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic