A Milwaukee man was arrested for a fourth offense of drunken driving after he told a gas station clerk he was "wasted," Brookfield police said.
According to the City of Brookfield police report:
The 52-year-old man uttered that "he was wasted" to a clerk at the gas station at 124th Street and Burleigh Road at 11 a.m. Aug. 27.
The clerk jumped in her car and followed the man to Sluggo's Sports Bar, 12760 W. Burleigh Road, and reported to police that he was stumbling in the parking lot.
Responding officers found the man inside the bar and performed sobriety tests before he could order a drink.
He submitted a blood sample to establish his blood-alcohol content and was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook fundraiser initiative connects local businesses with area schools
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal
- Brookfield Church donates, packages over 1,000 Thanksgiving meals