A Milwaukee man was arrested for a fourth offense of drunken driving after he told a gas station clerk he was "wasted," Brookfield police said.
According to the City of Brookfield police report:
The 52-year-old man uttered that "he was wasted" to a clerk at the gas station at 124th Street and Burleigh Road at 11 a.m. Aug. 27.
The clerk jumped in her car and followed the man to Sluggo's Sports Bar, 12760 W. Burleigh Road, and reported to police that he was stumbling in the parking lot.
Responding officers found the man inside the bar and performed sobriety tests before he could order a drink.
He submitted a blood sample to establish his blood-alcohol content and was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town Police warns against fake bills
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Mystery Photo Contest
- Brookfield council advances plans for Lilly Preserve apartment project
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 21
- Elmbrook Humane Society puts on seventh annual Wagfest
- Chick-fil-A celebrates National Lemonade Day with free samples in Brookfield, Greendale
- Brookfield police warn against phone scam
- Elm Grove Library bids farewell to board president
- Man unable to post bail after hearing on ID theft charges involving Elm Grove woman