A Milwaukee man was arrested for a fourth offense of drunken driving after he told a gas station clerk he was "wasted," Brookfield police said.
According to the City of Brookfield police report:
The 52-year-old man uttered that "he was wasted" to a clerk at the gas station at 124th Street and Burleigh Road at 11 a.m. Aug. 27.
The clerk jumped in her car and followed the man to Sluggo's Sports Bar, 12760 W. Burleigh Road, and reported to police that he was stumbling in the parking lot.
Responding officers found the man inside the bar and performed sobriety tests before he could order a drink.
He submitted a blood sample to establish his blood-alcohol content and was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County planning work on Brookfield intersection
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Creating interesting experiences is a risky business, and the Wilson
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 23
- Things to do in Brookfield and Elm Grove: April 23
- Elmbrook student, teacher named 2015 Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship recipients
- Learning Rx: Brookfield East students compete in Moody's Mega Math Challenge and win honorable menti
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 16
- Brookfield looks to put finishing touches on 124th Street Commerce District (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 16