A Milwaukee man was arrested for a fourth offense of drunken driving after he told a gas station clerk he was "wasted," Brookfield police said.
According to the City of Brookfield police report:
The 52-year-old man uttered that "he was wasted" to a clerk at the gas station at 124th Street and Burleigh Road at 11 a.m. Aug. 27.
The clerk jumped in her car and followed the man to Sluggo's Sports Bar, 12760 W. Burleigh Road, and reported to police that he was stumbling in the parking lot.
Responding officers found the man inside the bar and performed sobriety tests before he could order a drink.
He submitted a blood sample to establish his blood-alcohol content and was arrested for drunken driving, fourth offense.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (1)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Town of Brookfield's Carp O' Rama on cusp of cancellation
- Tonawanda fifth-graders say 'farewell' to school through service project
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 28
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing