A Brookfield man faces narcotics and burglary charges after he was stopped for walking along Moorland Road with a bow and other items he is accused of stealing from a New Berlin residence.
William D. Miller, 31, was charged with burglary, possession of narcotic drugs and marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Aug. 15.
He was held on $5,000 cash bond and is scheduled to return to court for a preliminary hearing Thursday.
If convicted on all counts, he faces a maximum sentence of more than 20 years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint:
A city of Brookfield police officer approached Miller on Moorland Road on Aug. 12 because he was carrying a compound bow and canvas bag containing a laptop computer and power tools.
Miller was vague about where he got the items, and the officer found a tag in the bag that named a man in the 1400 block of Coachlight Drive in New Berlin.
Officers contacted the man identified on the tag, and he confirmed the items belonged to him and had been inside a basement storage locker.
During a search of Miller, officers discovered a hypodermic syringe and a metal spoon with burned residue on it. Miller also had a small amount of marijuana and five kinds of prescription drugs on him at the time.
He was charged with bail-jumping for violating bail conditions on a pending charge of possessing narcotics without a valid prescription.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (3)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30