The city of Brookfield has named three finalists for the city clerk position that will become vacant upon Kris Schmidt's resignation on Aug. 19.
Human Resources Director Jim Zwerlein has identified the following finalists:
- Jennifer Goergen, city clerk for the city of Greenfield. Goergen has a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. She is a former deputy clerk for the city of Oconomowoc.
- Anna Kettlewell, office administrator for the executive director of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District. Kettlewell has a Master of Public Affairs degree. She is a former deputy clerk for the village of Hales Corners.
- Kelly Michaels, city clerk/personnel director for the city of Stoughton. Michaels has a Bachelor of Science degree in business management. She is a former city clerk for the city of Wausau.
The city has received 44 applications for the position. The field was narrowed to 12 before the three finalists were selected.
Brookfield Mayor Steven Ponto said he will interview the finalists in the coming weeks and hopes to recommend a candidate for the Common Council to consider at its Sept. 6 meeting.
Absent from the list of finalists is former District 7 Alderwoman Lisa Mellone, who vacated her seat on the Common Council to pursue the city clerk position.
The Legislative and Licensing Committee will accept applications from District 7 residents who are interested in filling the seat until 2012 elections on Tuesday.
Submissions will be accepted at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, through Sept. 2. Interviews will occur the week of Sept. 12. Committee members hope to forward a recommendation for an appointment to the Common Council for consideration on Sept. 20.
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26