The city of Brookfield has named three finalists for the city clerk position that will become vacant upon Kris Schmidt's resignation on Aug. 19.
Human Resources Director Jim Zwerlein has identified the following finalists:
- Jennifer Goergen, city clerk for the city of Greenfield. Goergen has a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. She is a former deputy clerk for the city of Oconomowoc.
- Anna Kettlewell, office administrator for the executive director of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District. Kettlewell has a Master of Public Affairs degree. She is a former deputy clerk for the village of Hales Corners.
- Kelly Michaels, city clerk/personnel director for the city of Stoughton. Michaels has a Bachelor of Science degree in business management. She is a former city clerk for the city of Wausau.
The city has received 44 applications for the position. The field was narrowed to 12 before the three finalists were selected.
Brookfield Mayor Steven Ponto said he will interview the finalists in the coming weeks and hopes to recommend a candidate for the Common Council to consider at its Sept. 6 meeting.
Absent from the list of finalists is former District 7 Alderwoman Lisa Mellone, who vacated her seat on the Common Council to pursue the city clerk position.
The Legislative and Licensing Committee will accept applications from District 7 residents who are interested in filling the seat until 2012 elections on Tuesday.
Submissions will be accepted at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, through Sept. 2. Interviews will occur the week of Sept. 12. Committee members hope to forward a recommendation for an appointment to the Common Council for consideration on Sept. 20.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm