A 20-year-old Brookfield man who was arrested for driving a stolen car July 29 faces felony and misdemeanor charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Derek D. Knight is charged with driving a vehicle without the owner's consent, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping.
He was held on $1,000 cash bail after an initial court appearance July 29.
According to the criminal complaint:
Knight was arrested in the 17000 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Brookfield just after 1:30 a.m. July 29.
He was pulled over after an officer learned through a registration check that the car Knight was driving had been reported stolen in Waukesha on July 27.
It appeared that Knight had spent several days living in the car.
The officer found a marijuana pipe in a backpack Knight was wearing.
If convicted on all three counts, Knight could face up to 4½ years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield man okay in Nepal according to email sent to parents
- Joint Review Board approves tax incremental district
- Joint Review Board to rule on Irgens' financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 30
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23