A 20-year-old Brookfield man who was arrested for driving a stolen car July 29 faces felony and misdemeanor charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Derek D. Knight is charged with driving a vehicle without the owner's consent, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping.
He was held on $1,000 cash bail after an initial court appearance July 29.
According to the criminal complaint:
Knight was arrested in the 17000 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Brookfield just after 1:30 a.m. July 29.
He was pulled over after an officer learned through a registration check that the car Knight was driving had been reported stolen in Waukesha on July 27.
It appeared that Knight had spent several days living in the car.
The officer found a marijuana pipe in a backpack Knight was wearing.
If convicted on all three counts, Knight could face up to 4½ years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela