A 20-year-old Brookfield man who was arrested for driving a stolen car July 29 faces felony and misdemeanor charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Derek D. Knight is charged with driving a vehicle without the owner's consent, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping.
He was held on $1,000 cash bail after an initial court appearance July 29.
According to the criminal complaint:
Knight was arrested in the 17000 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Brookfield just after 1:30 a.m. July 29.
He was pulled over after an officer learned through a registration check that the car Knight was driving had been reported stolen in Waukesha on July 27.
It appeared that Knight had spent several days living in the car.
The officer found a marijuana pipe in a backpack Knight was wearing.
If convicted on all three counts, Knight could face up to 4½ years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield mosque, Jewish congregation forge a friendship
- Car repair center's planned move-in has condo owners concerned about noise
- Discount brand name store Ross Dress for Less to open in Brookfield Saturday
- Television personality Giuliana Rancic making appearance in Brookfield
- Chicago restaurant Portillo's to bring first Wisconsin location to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 8
- Bus shelter advertising approved by Brookfield aldermen
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 1
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants