A 20-year-old Brookfield man who was arrested for driving a stolen car July 29 faces felony and misdemeanor charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Derek D. Knight is charged with driving a vehicle without the owner's consent, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping.
He was held on $1,000 cash bail after an initial court appearance July 29.
According to the criminal complaint:
Knight was arrested in the 17000 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Brookfield just after 1:30 a.m. July 29.
He was pulled over after an officer learned through a registration check that the car Knight was driving had been reported stolen in Waukesha on July 27.
It appeared that Knight had spent several days living in the car.
The officer found a marijuana pipe in a backpack Knight was wearing.
If convicted on all three counts, Knight could face up to 4½ years in prison.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely