Construction set to begin on Barker Road on Aug. 3 has been delayed indefinetly, according to the Waukesha County Department of Public Works.
Rick Harley, a county project manager, said weather and other factors this summer contributed to a backlog of projects for a contractor scheduled to resurface Barker from north of Foxbrook Park to Capitol Drive.
"I can't rightly say when work will begin," he said.
The project is expected to take about 10 days to complete. A detour will lead motorists from Capitol to Springdale Road and then to North Avenue when work begins.
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26