Construction set to begin on Barker Road on Aug. 3 has been delayed indefinetly, according to the Waukesha County Department of Public Works.
Rick Harley, a county project manager, said weather and other factors this summer contributed to a backlog of projects for a contractor scheduled to resurface Barker from north of Foxbrook Park to Capitol Drive.
"I can't rightly say when work will begin," he said.
The project is expected to take about 10 days to complete. A detour will lead motorists from Capitol to Springdale Road and then to North Avenue when work begins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wilson Center's art festival in Brookfield draws a record number of artists
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas outlines capital improvements plan
- Brookfield East student's aquaponics project gives his school a garden
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 4
- Library lot costs nearly double
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Business Spotlight: Hair salon owner says it's not work
- Industrial development hinges on TIF district
- Brookfield meetings: Sept. 4
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average