Construction set to begin on Barker Road on Aug. 3 has been delayed indefinetly, according to the Waukesha County Department of Public Works.
Rick Harley, a county project manager, said weather and other factors this summer contributed to a backlog of projects for a contractor scheduled to resurface Barker from north of Foxbrook Park to Capitol Drive.
"I can't rightly say when work will begin," he said.
The project is expected to take about 10 days to complete. A detour will lead motorists from Capitol to Springdale Road and then to North Avenue when work begins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth