Construction set to begin on Barker Road on Aug. 3 has been delayed indefinetly, according to the Waukesha County Department of Public Works.
Rick Harley, a county project manager, said weather and other factors this summer contributed to a backlog of projects for a contractor scheduled to resurface Barker from north of Foxbrook Park to Capitol Drive.
"I can't rightly say when work will begin," he said.
The project is expected to take about 10 days to complete. A detour will lead motorists from Capitol to Springdale Road and then to North Avenue when work begins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield officially changes water dept. schedules
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22