Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire on July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight on July 27, according to a Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had evacuated the structure and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation and estimated damage is $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield, Elm Grove, Elmbrook spring elections loom ahead
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Dec. 3
- Taste of the Town: Cici's Pizza
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Dec. 3
- POLICE REPORT
- In Our Schools: Dec. 3
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Brookfield chamber offers chances to learn and grow
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Dec. 3