Elm Grove residents Zachriah Napierala, 22, and Colten A. Weber, 21, are accused of having heroin in a parked car they were sitting in in the 17000 block of Winston Park Court on July 18. Both are charged with narcotics and paraphernalia possession.
The charges were issued July 20 in Waukesha County Circuit Court. The men face up to four years in prison if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint:
About 2 p.m. July 18 a resident told a Brookfield police officer that a suspicious vehicle was parked at the entrance of Winston Park Court.
The officer found Napierala in the driver's seat cupping a syringe. A small metal cup containing heroin was nearby.
Weber was in the passenger seat holding a syringe that contained heroin.
Inside the vehicle, officers found 16 used syringes, 80 unused syringes and multiple plastic bags that at one time had held heroin.
Napierala told officers he has used heroin for a long time and wants to stop.
He said he missed an earlier appointment at a methadone clinic and purchased the heroin in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (5)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30