Elm Grove residents Zachriah Napierala, 22, and Colten A. Weber, 21, are accused of having heroin in a parked car they were sitting in in the 17000 block of Winston Park Court on July 18. Both are charged with narcotics and paraphernalia possession.
The charges were issued July 20 in Waukesha County Circuit Court. The men face up to four years in prison if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint:
About 2 p.m. July 18 a resident told a Brookfield police officer that a suspicious vehicle was parked at the entrance of Winston Park Court.
The officer found Napierala in the driver's seat cupping a syringe. A small metal cup containing heroin was nearby.
Weber was in the passenger seat holding a syringe that contained heroin.
Inside the vehicle, officers found 16 used syringes, 80 unused syringes and multiple plastic bags that at one time had held heroin.
Napierala told officers he has used heroin for a long time and wants to stop.
He said he missed an earlier appointment at a methadone clinic and purchased the heroin in Milwaukee.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes; May 5
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- In Brief: No truth to rumors that Elm Grove Sendik's will close, village president says
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: May 5
- Elmbrook Schools to host first Fine Arts Festival
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 5
- Elm Grove and AT&T still in a standoff over Watertown Plank bridge (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 5
- Brookfield's Borkowski to spend summer touring with Kids from Wisconsin