The Elmbrook School Board will vote Tuesday on eliminating the district's assistant superintendent for human resources position and hiring an internal candidate for a combined position of human resources director and staff counsel.
The meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Central Administration Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield.
The board will vote on whether to appoint Kristi Foy, who now serves as the district's legal counsel, to the new position. Foy would have a 12-month contract and earn $85,000 in the new role, but her salary would be prorated to reflect an Aug. 1 start.
Some human resources responsibilities also would be delegated to Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations. Brightman's salary would be increased to $130,000, also prorated to an Aug. 1 start date.
The move is estimated to save the district $93,000, Supintendent Matt Gibson wrote in a memo to the School Board.
Christine Hedstrom, Elmbrook's former assistant superintendent for human resources, left the post June 30 for a similar job in the Waukesha School District.
Elmbrook administrators screened 11 candidates and had three finalists, but none of the finalists "had all of the strengths that were sought in the assistant superintendent position," Gibson wrote.
An agenda and supporting items for the meeting can be found here.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23
- Brookfield police warn of scams, warm weather crime
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case pleads not guilty
- Brookfield council postpones decision on bus shelters