A Florida woman tried to elude Elm Grove police after an attempt to cash a fraudulent check went awry July 14, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Also in the report:
An employee of M&I Bank, 900 Elm Grove Road, alerted police when the 21-year-old woman attempted to cash a stolen check just before 5 p.m. July 14.
The woman fled in a car when officers arrived and led them on a chase that ended on Sunnyslope Road, near Beechwood Avenue in the city of Brookfield, after one of her tires went flat.
She was arrested after a brief attempt to run away.
A theft charge and numerous traffic violations are pending against the woman. She was booked into Waukesha County Jail.
She also provided information on similar offenses that she committed in other municipalities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center