A Florida woman tried to elude Elm Grove police after an attempt to cash a fraudulent check went awry July 14, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Also in the report:
An employee of M&I Bank, 900 Elm Grove Road, alerted police when the 21-year-old woman attempted to cash a stolen check just before 5 p.m. July 14.
The woman fled in a car when officers arrived and led them on a chase that ended on Sunnyslope Road, near Beechwood Avenue in the city of Brookfield, after one of her tires went flat.
She was arrested after a brief attempt to run away.
A theft charge and numerous traffic violations are pending against the woman. She was booked into Waukesha County Jail.
She also provided information on similar offenses that she committed in other municipalities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Suites announces reflag to Embassy Suites, multi-million dollar renovation (1)
- Uber, Elmbrook Humane Society team up to deliver puppies Friday
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence (2)
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (7)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (4)