A Florida woman tried to elude Elm Grove police after an attempt to cash a fraudulent check went awry July 14, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Also in the report:
An employee of M&I Bank, 900 Elm Grove Road, alerted police when the 21-year-old woman attempted to cash a stolen check just before 5 p.m. July 14.
The woman fled in a car when officers arrived and led them on a chase that ended on Sunnyslope Road, near Beechwood Avenue in the city of Brookfield, after one of her tires went flat.
She was arrested after a brief attempt to run away.
A theft charge and numerous traffic violations are pending against the woman. She was booked into Waukesha County Jail.
She also provided information on similar offenses that she committed in other municipalities.
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21
- Brookfield jewelry store hit by burglars