A man received $550 in counterfeit cash when he attempted to sell a car June 28, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man met with prospective buyers, an unidentified man and a woman, in the 15000 block of Gebhardt Road to sell a used car for $700 in cash.
When the victim attempted to deposit the cash into a bank account, he learned he had been given $550 in counterfeit bills.
It appears a bleach solution had been used to wash ink from $5 bills and then they were made to appear more valuable.
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21
- Brookfield jewelry store hit by burglars