A man received $550 in counterfeit cash when he attempted to sell a car June 28, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man met with prospective buyers, an unidentified man and a woman, in the 15000 block of Gebhardt Road to sell a used car for $700 in cash.
When the victim attempted to deposit the cash into a bank account, he learned he had been given $550 in counterfeit bills.
It appears a bleach solution had been used to wash ink from $5 bills and then they were made to appear more valuable.
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 30
- Brookfield's Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts names Lynn Sprangers new president and CEO
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (2)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23