Tommy V. Douyette and Lynn M. Hajny were charged Thursday in the beating and suffocation death of 63-year-old local business owner John C. Aegerter.
Douyette, 42, of Milwaukee was charged with first-degree intentional homicide. Hajny, 48, of New Berlin was charged with being a party to first-degree intentional homicide.
They had separate appearances in intake court Thursday.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Commissioner Laura Lau continued the $750,000 bail ordered for Douyette last week, and the $500,000 bail ordered for Hajny.
She also ordered they have no contact each other or with witnesses.
Preliminary examinations into the charges are set for 8:30 a.m. July 15.
The Waukesha County Medical Examiner's office found that blunt-force trauma and asphyxiation caused Aegerter's death on June 21 or June 22, according to the criminal complaint.
Aegerter, 63, was found face down in the garage of his home at 14320 Golf Parkway just before 10 a.m. June 22.
Douyette told investigators he beat and strangled Aegerter after going to his home with Hajny to collect money Aegerter owed to her husband, according to the criminal complaint.
Acting on a tip, police arrested Douyette and Hajny at a home in Slinger about noon June 22.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger