All lanes and ramps on Interstate 94 in Waukesha County will reopen in time for the morning rush hour Tuesday.
And lane restrictions on the Hoan Bridge will be lifted during Summerfest as crews begin shifting traffic Tuesday morning. That project remains on schedule to finish work on the Hoan Bridge by late fall.
The huge resurfacing project on eastbound and westbound I-94 met a significant milestone with the reopening of westbound lanes and ramps in Milwaukee County from 27th St. to 70th St. last Friday night. Now the rest of the highway will reopen from the Milwaukee County line at 124th St. to State Highway 16 by Tuesday morning. Crews will start to remove lane restrictions on I-94 in Waukesha County following Monday's evening rush hour.
Some nighttime lane and ramp restrictions will be required so workers can finish landscaping, ramp surfacing, drainage improvements and bridge repairs through the end of the summer, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Construction work will also continue on Moorland Road and 27th St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School for special needs children coming to Brookfield
- Elmbrook Humane Society to collect much-needed items at 'Thank Dog It's Friday' event
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: July 9
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 9
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)