All lanes and ramps on Interstate 94 in Waukesha County will reopen in time for the morning rush hour Tuesday.
And lane restrictions on the Hoan Bridge will be lifted during Summerfest as crews begin shifting traffic Tuesday morning. That project remains on schedule to finish work on the Hoan Bridge by late fall.
The huge resurfacing project on eastbound and westbound I-94 met a significant milestone with the reopening of westbound lanes and ramps in Milwaukee County from 27th St. to 70th St. last Friday night. Now the rest of the highway will reopen from the Milwaukee County line at 124th St. to State Highway 16 by Tuesday morning. Crews will start to remove lane restrictions on I-94 in Waukesha County following Monday's evening rush hour.
Some nighttime lane and ramp restrictions will be required so workers can finish landscaping, ramp surfacing, drainage improvements and bridge repairs through the end of the summer, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Construction work will also continue on Moorland Road and 27th St.
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of April 25