An inflatable doll taped to a recliner was discovered in the intersection of Barker Road and North Avenue on Saturday night.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Reports of the doll and recliner started coming in just prior to 11 p.m. June 12.
Although a passer-by said he was interested in taking the recliner home, the chair and doll were both disposed of by responding officers.
Hours later, Brookfield police were called to the Barker Road and North Avenue roundabout because a shopping cart had been left there.
A note attached to the shopping cart read, "Why did you take the sex doll, Patty?"
The shopping cart was taken to the Police Department so it could be returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Author of book featuring Brookfield, Elm Grove police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield man okay in Nepal according to email sent to parents
- Joint Review Board approves tax incremental district
- Joint Review Board to rule on Irgens' financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 30
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'