An inflatable doll taped to a recliner was discovered in the intersection of Barker Road and North Avenue on Saturday night.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Reports of the doll and recliner started coming in just prior to 11 p.m. June 12.
Although a passer-by said he was interested in taking the recliner home, the chair and doll were both disposed of by responding officers.
Hours later, Brookfield police were called to the Barker Road and North Avenue roundabout because a shopping cart had been left there.
A note attached to the shopping cart read, "Why did you take the sex doll, Patty?"
The shopping cart was taken to the Police Department so it could be returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- On The Move: Jan 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route
- Residents invited to explore Germany
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal