An inflatable doll taped to a recliner was discovered in the intersection of Barker Road and North Avenue on Saturday night.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Reports of the doll and recliner started coming in just prior to 11 p.m. June 12.
Although a passer-by said he was interested in taking the recliner home, the chair and doll were both disposed of by responding officers.
Hours later, Brookfield police were called to the Barker Road and North Avenue roundabout because a shopping cart had been left there.
A note attached to the shopping cart read, "Why did you take the sex doll, Patty?"
The shopping cart was taken to the Police Department so it could be returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (3)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30