A Milwaukee man said he doesn't know what came over him when he grabbed a teenager's head and forced it toward a trash bin after she failed to recycle a bottle April 18, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
The 76-year-old man confronted a 13-year-old girl in the food court at Brookfield Square Mall after he saw her toss a glass bottle into a garbage can just before 1 p.m.
The girl told officers that the man grabbed the back of her head and forced her toward the trash can, telling her to dig it out so it could be recycled.
She also said he asked her where she went to school before leaving the food court.
Police were called and arrested the man at a bus stop outside the mall.
Following his arrest, the man was "apologetic" and said he didn't know what had come over him.
After considering citing the man for battery, an officer wrote him a ticket for disorderly conduct because the teen was uninjured in the confrontation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela