A Milwaukee man said he doesn't know what came over him when he grabbed a teenager's head and forced it toward a trash bin after she failed to recycle a bottle April 18, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
The 76-year-old man confronted a 13-year-old girl in the food court at Brookfield Square Mall after he saw her toss a glass bottle into a garbage can just before 1 p.m.
The girl told officers that the man grabbed the back of her head and forced her toward the trash can, telling her to dig it out so it could be recycled.
She also said he asked her where she went to school before leaving the food court.
Police were called and arrested the man at a bus stop outside the mall.
Following his arrest, the man was "apologetic" and said he didn't know what had come over him.
After considering citing the man for battery, an officer wrote him a ticket for disorderly conduct because the teen was uninjured in the confrontation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vacant Brookfield church may soon have new tenants
- Emerald Ash Borer discovered in Elm Grove
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Brookfield officer honored for heroism
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 7
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015
- Falls board considers appointing trustee to fill vacant seat
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Brookfield, Elm Grove libraries expand roles in community