A Milwaukee man said he doesn't know what came over him when he grabbed a teenager's head and forced it toward a trash bin after she failed to recycle a bottle April 18, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
The 76-year-old man confronted a 13-year-old girl in the food court at Brookfield Square Mall after he saw her toss a glass bottle into a garbage can just before 1 p.m.
The girl told officers that the man grabbed the back of her head and forced her toward the trash can, telling her to dig it out so it could be recycled.
She also said he asked her where she went to school before leaving the food court.
Police were called and arrested the man at a bus stop outside the mall.
Following his arrest, the man was "apologetic" and said he didn't know what had come over him.
After considering citing the man for battery, an officer wrote him a ticket for disorderly conduct because the teen was uninjured in the confrontation.
- Elm Grove to rule on new parks plan tonight
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 26
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 26
- Sports Authority to close Brookfield store, all stores nationwide
- Best Summer Ever: Five great summer reads
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Brookfield committee directs police department to begin prescription drug drop box program
- Brookfield committee to discuss prescription drug drop boxes in the city
- Brookfield committee discusses TIF referendum option, no action taken