A Milwaukee man said he doesn't know what came over him when he grabbed a teenager's head and forced it toward a trash bin after she failed to recycle a bottle April 18, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
The 76-year-old man confronted a 13-year-old girl in the food court at Brookfield Square Mall after he saw her toss a glass bottle into a garbage can just before 1 p.m.
The girl told officers that the man grabbed the back of her head and forced her toward the trash can, telling her to dig it out so it could be recycled.
She also said he asked her where she went to school before leaving the food court.
Police were called and arrested the man at a bus stop outside the mall.
Following his arrest, the man was "apologetic" and said he didn't know what had come over him.
After considering citing the man for battery, an officer wrote him a ticket for disorderly conduct because the teen was uninjured in the confrontation.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (4)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (5)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30