We endorse Nancy Kormanik for the at-large position on the Elmbrook School Board.
We are supporters of the idea of right-sizing the district staff and buildings for the residents who pay taxes here. If that means laying off staff and closing schools, the board must have the managerial courage to do that. The Elmbrook School District has excess properties, and there's a mad scramble to increase enrollment rather than decrease expenses, which is the only sure way to balance the budget. Nancy Kormanik has the courage to make the hard decisions that will face EBSD, and which affect quality of life and affordability for all taxpayers.
Barbara and Michael Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wheaton Franciscan's Elmbrook Memorial Hospital to undergo $28.6 million renovation
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 15
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 15
- Brookfield plan commission approves Capitol West Plaza rezoning request
- Fairview South addresses low enrollment, parents fear school closure (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Waukesha County looking for resident feedback on emergency plan (1)
- St. Mary's Visitation Parish to host relics of St. Maria Goretti, the Patroness of Mercy
- Brookfield mosque, Jewish congregation forge a friendship (3)
- Car repair center's planned move-in has Brookfield condo owners concerned about noise (1)