We endorse Nancy Kormanik for the at-large position on the Elmbrook School Board.
We are supporters of the idea of right-sizing the district staff and buildings for the residents who pay taxes here. If that means laying off staff and closing schools, the board must have the managerial courage to do that. The Elmbrook School District has excess properties, and there's a mad scramble to increase enrollment rather than decrease expenses, which is the only sure way to balance the budget. Nancy Kormanik has the courage to make the hard decisions that will face EBSD, and which affect quality of life and affordability for all taxpayers.
Barbara and Michael Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area
- Lancers, rejoice! Brookfield Central High School celebrates new stadium pavilion, bathrooms
- On the Move: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 23
- Brookfield, hungry for housing, studies plans for hundreds of new apartments
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?