We endorse Nancy Kormanik for the at-large position on the Elmbrook School Board.
We are supporters of the idea of right-sizing the district staff and buildings for the residents who pay taxes here. If that means laying off staff and closing schools, the board must have the managerial courage to do that. The Elmbrook School District has excess properties, and there's a mad scramble to increase enrollment rather than decrease expenses, which is the only sure way to balance the budget. Nancy Kormanik has the courage to make the hard decisions that will face EBSD, and which affect quality of life and affordability for all taxpayers.
Barbara and Michael Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Jan. 26, 2015
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family