We endorse Nancy Kormanik for the at-large position on the Elmbrook School Board.
We are supporters of the idea of right-sizing the district staff and buildings for the residents who pay taxes here. If that means laying off staff and closing schools, the board must have the managerial courage to do that. The Elmbrook School District has excess properties, and there's a mad scramble to increase enrollment rather than decrease expenses, which is the only sure way to balance the budget. Nancy Kormanik has the courage to make the hard decisions that will face EBSD, and which affect quality of life and affordability for all taxpayers.
Barbara and Michael Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23
- Brookfield police warn of scams, warm weather crime
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case pleads not guilty
- Brookfield council postpones decision on bus shelters