A great thank you and hooray to Tom Hayden for cleaning up the overgrown vacant BP property. It's a shame that the absentee owner doesn't care about his property in the village of Elm Grove.
My wife and I drive past the property on a weekly basis and commented on how bad it looked, and then one day we saw Tom cleaning it up.
Now the village should do something about all the political signs on this property. I wonder if the owner of the station gave permission for all these signs? The next area that should be looked at is the northeast corner of Gebhardt and Pilgrim roads - this area has more than the BP station and larger ones.
Again, thanks, Tom, for caring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield to host hazardous waste collection June 1
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition