A drunken Brookfield man searching for a place to sleep tried to get caught stealing so he could spend the night in a jailhouse bed, police said.
An officer saw the man steal a number plate from a sign at a gas station at 2:41 a.m. Friday, according to Brookfield police.
When asked why he took the plate, the man said he was drunk and desperate for a warm bed - at any cost.
The man was not cited, and was released to his mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center