Roland and Jean Westphal, residents of Brookfield for 52 years, recently celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary.
The couple married Oct. 1, 1949, at St. Robert Catholic Church in Shorewood.
Children of the couple are Kathy (and Mike) Michuda of Brookfield, John (and Carmen) Westphal of Madison, and Tom Westphal of West Allis. Grandchildren are Katie Michuda Rogers of Blacksburg, Va., Lindsay Michuda McNamara of Minneapolis, Danny Michuda of Greenfield, Tommy Michuda of Brookfield, and Joe Westphal, Mike Westphal and Jessica Westphal of Madison.
Roland is a retired certified public accountant who ran his own private practice. He was a B-26 pilot in the Air Force, and he graduated from Marquette University in 1947 with a bachelor's degree in business.
Jean is a retired registered nurse; she worked at St. Joseph's Hospital and the Shorewood Health Department. Jean graduated from Marquette University's School of Nursing in 1948.
Their first date was at Marquette University's prom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 4
- Brookfield Things to Do: Aug 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 21
- In Brief: Aug. 14
- Brookfield Senior Meals: August 14
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 14
- In brief: Financial advisor to speak in Brookfield on sustainable investing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 7