Carina R. Garcia and James B. Barton of Milwaukee are planning an Aug. 24, 2012, wedding at the Vail Wedding Deck in Vail, Colo.
Parents of the couple are Bob and Tammy Garcia of Brookfield, Norman and Ellen Barton of Phoenix, Md., and John Shrum and the late Vicki Triantos Shrum of Gaithersburg, Md.
The bride-to-be earned her bachelor's degree in women's studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her law degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee. She is an associate lawyer at Cramer, Multhauf and Hammes LLP.
The future groom earned his bachelor's degree in finance from Colorado University in Boulder and his law degree from Marquette University. He is an associate lawyer at Michael Best and Friedrich LLP.
The couple met during countless nights studying for their law exams and became engaged Dec. 3, 2010, at an intimate dinner at her favorite restaurant, Lake Park Bistro in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept.18
- Senior Meals: Sept.11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 11
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 4
- Brookfield Things to Do: Aug 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 21
- In Brief: Aug. 14
- Brookfield Senior Meals: August 14