• The following students were named to the spring 2010 dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Madison: MarionAccola, Elizabeth Adams, Berook Addisu, Mathew Baker, William Baker, Melanie Balinas, Sean Bauer, Natalie Bergquist, KaitlinBerry, Andrew Biesterveld, Susan Rae Boebel, Lindsay Bohnert, Kevin Boyle, Michelle Brenner, Andrew Brown, Lauren Brzozowski, Jessica Buchberger, Kevin Burbach, David Campbell, Megan Clingman, Ryan Denu, Patrick Ditter, Daniel Donovan, Joseph Dralle, Thomas Dubois, Megan Farley, Amanda Feest, Lindsay Feest, Andrew Fink, Holly Anne Margaret Fisher, Alexander Dreis Flanagan, Andrea Dreis Flanagan, Danny Fox, PatrickFuchs, Aaron Gander, Emily Gerner, Andrew Noble Glaudell, Sergio Martin Gonzalez, Michael Herrmann, Rebecca Holloway, Ives Hot, Amy Huebner, Amir Ebrahim Jaber, Courtney Janson, Joseph Jennaro, Michael Jeung, Jasmine Jolitz, Harris Davidson Jones, James Joyce, John Kersey, Baljit Singh Kler, Jenna Koeble, Alison Kolb, Adam Komas, Alexandra Komassa, Megan Kraft, Jacob Kream, Krstina Krstic, Ryan Kursel, Nicholas Ladwig, Tori Laedtke, Kalista Larsen, Kathleen Larsen, Cara Beth Lauritzen, Weston Lewis, Angela Limbach, Jennifer Limbach, Katharine LoDuca, Thomas LoDuca, Kristine Ann Ludwig, Megan Anne Marcou, Bridget Martin, Katherine McCormack, Kirsten Midtbo, Daniel Mueller, Jacob Murphy, Jacob Naughton, Natalie Neals, Claire Nesler, Kelsey O'Gorman, Patrick O'Connor, Katie Obradovich, Kevin Olikara, Samuel Orcholski, Peter Ostergaard, Kaitlin Peterson, Molly Peterson, Sarah Peterson, Kate Fairley Pomeranz, Nicholas Porubsky, Aaron Raasch, Shauna Rasmussen, Jena Reck, Chad Redding, Madalyn Redding, Heather Reichert, Megan Reichert, Sarah Reichert, Thomas Reigle, Katryn Remler, Steve Rossman, Bradley Schliesmann, Stacey Schultz, Megan Shedivy, Chandresh Singh, Philip Spicer, Katelyn Stanislowski, Benjamin Tesch, Nicholas Thate, Rebecca Thiede, Laura Thornton, Daniel Tighe, Mark Trader, Christine Treba, Brooke Trettin, Michelle Tsonis, Christopher Vosters, Caryn Wakefield, Alexandra Wangard, Michelle Wenzel, Rebekah Winiarski, Morgan Wiseman, Stephen Wyche, Jamie Yanchar, Michael Ziegele and Jordan Zillner - Brookfield; and Lisa Cusma Bower, McKenzie Carran, Rachael Colpaert, Bailey Brill Curtis, Brian Demuri-Haeberle, Samuel Harms, Hugh Hughes, Tyler Klann, Nathaniel Kohlenberg, John Kreul, Emily Kuhn, Ian Linsmeier, Kieran McAvoy, Jessica Morrissey, Christine Mueller, Elizabeth Ness, Stephanie Skrade, Timothy Sullivan, Theresa Vander Woude, Andrew Wiederhold and Kaitlin Wollak - Elm Grove.
• David Felber of Brookfield graduated from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., in May with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a certificate of completion in the engineering professional practice co-op program. He is the son of Jeffrey and Wanda Felber of Brookfield and a graduate of Brookfield Central High School.
• Timothy Bruce of Brookfield graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin on May 21 with a degree in medicine. Timothy is the son of Mark Bruce and Moira O'Brien-Bruce of Brookfield and a 2005 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• Heather Kuntz of Brookfield graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin on May 21 with a degree in medicine. Heather is the daughter of Dale and Jan Kuntz of Brookfield and a 2006 graduate of Emory University in Atlanta, Ga.
• Nora Sandstrom of Brookfield received the Edith M. Nelson Art & Design Scholarship at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
• Rebecca Berry of Brookfield received a music scholarship from Valparaiso University. Berry will begin college at Valparaiso University this fall.
• Andrew Cao, Veronica Daniel, Daniel Lee, Advait Reddy, Nikita Sood and Jeffrey Teng, all students at Wisconsin Hills Middle School, were among the top scorers in Wisconsin in the 2009-10 Midwest Academic Talent Search.
• Chelsea Crooks of Brookfield received a $1,000 scholarship from the Elm Grove Junior Guild. Students were asked to write about the top issue facing women and/or children and what they've done or would do to overcome that issue. Chelsea is a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels.
• Marisha Cichon, Maria Fox and Colleen Gleason, all of Brookfield, received the 2010 Divine Savior Holy Angels Salvatorian service award. This award is sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, Salvatorians, and affirms graduating DSHA seniors who consistently share time and talent with others in a compassionate and caring way.
• Melanie Stewart, director of assessment for the Elmbrook School District, was awarded the Wisconsin AdvancED Excellence in Education award by the Wisconsin North Central Association. Stewart received this award for her unparalleled leadership in promoting and advancing excellence in education.
• Jennifer Darling, Jennifer Drews, Amanda Held, Julia Kreznar, Katherine Reddy, Michelle Sutton and Nicole Wilken, all of Brookfield, and Lydia Boll, Selena Boltik, Katelyn Derus and Caroline Sass, all of Elm Grove, were awarded the highest award in Girl Scouting - the Girl Scout gold award by the Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Southeast. To receive this award, Girl Scouts must complete several project components and contribute a minimum of 80 hours of work to a project that creates lasting change in their communities.
• Kathryn O'Brien and Myah Trilling, both of Brookfield, and Alex Felker of Elm Grove, dancers of the Trinity Irish Dance Company, will begin a two-and-a-half-week tour of Japan. This is the third tour of Japan for Trinity dancers.
• Lauren Morton of Brookfield and Victoria Felker of Elm Grove, dancers of the Trinity II, will represent the United States at the 37th annual Festival les Cultures du Monde in France.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: July 3
- Celebrations: June 26
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: June 5
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 27
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Dec. 19