• Taylor Stamm of Brookfield and John Mason of Elm Grove are both members of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Club Tennis team and recently advanced in the United States Tennis Association's National Campus Championship.
• Meghan Ernsbarger of Brookfield was named to the fall 2009 dean's list at Grace College in Winona Lake, Ind.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on May 16: Nooria Al-wathiqui, Stephen Arneson, Trevor Belongi, Alana Billings, Alicia Boknevitz, Carynne Dati, Gina Derose, Robert Diehl, Matthew Dorman, George Dovinos, Colin Doyle, Jennifer Draeger, Gregory Fischer, Timothy Flaherty, Kelly Flemming, Jason Fohr, Ronny Frost, Michael Geracie, Shannon Glow, Ann Gmach, Alexandra Gould, Sharon Ha, Heather Hahn, Mark Halmstad, Jason Hartling, Sam Hnilicka, Corie Janowski, Amanda Joppe, Melany Jose, Angela Kehlenbrink, Stephen Klug, Petra Koenitzer, Julie Kolaga, Kristina Laundre, Jeffrey Lichey, Nicole Maher-Palus, Michelle Marcou, Shayla Martin, Madusha Mirissage, Kathleen Mundschau, Marie Orvis, Stephen Peters, Matthew Phelps, Bradley Mc Pherson, Eric St Pierre, Stephanie Potter, Ehson Rad, Erica Restum, Nicholas Roehm, Elisabeth Roessl, Peter Rohr, Mary Schneider, Josh Spencer, Thomas Stein, Lauren Taylor, Elizabeth Vogel, Zachary Voigtschild, Stephanie Voss, Christopher Weinfurt, Elisabeth Winiarski, Elizabeth Winters, Cassandra Wolfe, Morgan Zeller, Erin Zupke - Brookfield; and William Bares, Elizabeth Bares, Katie Jury, Sara Lepley and Joshua Clay - Elm Grove.
• Melissa Morgenstern ofBrookfieldgraduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio, on May 10. Melissa was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest academic honor society in the liberal arts, and is a graduate of Brookfield Central High School.
• Eric Py was named to the dean's list each semester of his freshman year at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. Eric is a 2009 graduate of Brookfield Central High School.
• Sarah Grond of Menomonee Falls was awarded an all-expense paid summer study trip to the Federal Republic of Germany. Excursions of cultural and historic interest will be included. She is the daughter of Chris and Margie Grond and a student at Brookfield Academy.
• Bryan Dongre of Brookfield was named a 2010 Presidential scholar and will receive the Presidential Medallion at a White House ceremony in June.
Send submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: May 2
- Celebrations: April 11
- Celebrations: April 4
- Celebrations: March 28
- Celebrations: March 21
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 21
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 31
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10
- Celebrations: Dec. 27
- Celebrations: Dec. 13
- Celebrations: Dec. 6
- Celebrations: Nov. 15
- Celebrations: Nov. 1
- Celebrations: Oct. 25
- Celebrations: Oct. 11