• Annemarie Smith of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at St. Olaf College.
• Maureen McGinn of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Loras College.
• Lauren Lukacek of Brookfield graduated magna cum laude from the Boston Conservatory with a degree in musical theater with an emphasis in acting on May 16. She will play Marjory in the New York Showcase production of "Genesius," a new musical opening Aug. 26 in New York City. She is the daughter of Gary and Susanne Lukacek.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater on May 16: Paul Hnilicka, Elliot Jentz, Samantha King, Stephanie Kucek, Heather Leverence, Amanda Schober, Ryan Schuettpelz, Marcus Smrecek and Scott Zanio - Brookfield; and Kathryn Kopietz - Elm Grove.
• Olivia Hendricks and Lauren Sternhagen, both of Brookfield, and Rachel Li, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, were named to the spring 2009 Lawrence University dean's list.
• Jeffrey Butler of Elm Grove graduated from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, with a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance in May.
• Jeremy Harris of Brookfield earned a master's degree in philosophy from Cambridge University in England. He is the son of Marilyn and Jerry Harris of Brookfield.
• James McCaslin of Brookfield was re-elected to a one-year term as Muscular Dystrophy Association national vice president in July. He is president and chief operating officer of Harley-Davidson Motor Co.
• Claire Palmer, a Girl Scout from Elm Grove, participated in a Girl Scout Service Challenge in Costa Rica where she hiked, rafted and surfed while immersing herself in a foreign culture.
• Elizabeth Stein and Katherine Stein, both of Brookfield, graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio. They are the daughters of Jerry and Ann Stein.
• Stephanie Waller of Brookfield took the oath of office for the officer corps of the U.S. Coast Guard on June 23. In August, Waller will attend a four-week training to better prepare her for her future career as a military officer in the United States Coast Guard. Upon completion of her training, her first assignment will be in the Prevention Department at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: July 3
- Celebrations: June 26
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: June 5
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 27
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Dec. 19