• The following students earned honors at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh for the spring 2009 semester: Jessica Bachman, Ryan Bentzien, Jason Crowley, Katherine James, Ann Kalcich, Elizabeth Klandrud, Katie Mihm, Sydney Petchel, Leslie Promersberger and Karen Thompson - Brookfield; Katharine Barnett and Grant Grandlich - Elm Grove.
• Monica Knauer and Nicole Mulock of Brookfield were named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Minnesota State University.
• Emily Roach of Brookfield graduated from St. Olaf College on May 24.
• Evan Andrew Raml of Elm Grove was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at the School of Business Administration at Loyola University of Chicago.
• Daniel Neis of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at the University of Minnesota. He is the son of Susan and Douglas Neis.
• Joseph Derse of Elm Grove graduated from Winona State University with a bachelor's degree in Spanish this spring.
• The following students were named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Winona State University: Laura Fischer, Heather Knight, Anna Miller, Amanda Weidemann and Jenna Wells - Brookfield; Joseph Derse, Theresa Powers, Caroline Quinn and Erica Turner - Elm Grove.
• Jeffrey Matthias, Constance Goudreau and Ryan Williams, all of Brookfield, were named to the dean's list at Northern Michigan University.
• Jordan Brethauer of Brookfield and Rebecca Dimsey of Elm Grove were named to the spring 2009 dean's list at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design.
• Matthew Mcdevitt of Elm Grove graduated from the University of Iowa with a bachelor's degree in cinema in May.
• The following Brookfield students graduated from Mount Mary College in May: Susan Draheim, Andrew Ehlers, Cassandra Sova, Marguerite McGinn, Lindy Himhmeh, Josette Ott, Sarah Mueller and Brigid Sheeley-Wollersheim.
• Timothy Sonderman of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
• Andrew Oehlke of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 honors list at Milwaukee School of Engineering.
• Matthew Lindstrom of Brookfield was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at Bethel University.
• Sarah Wong of Brookfield graduated from Washington University in St. Louis on May 15 with a degree in biomedical engineering.
• The following Brookfield students were named to the spring 2009 chancellor's list at the University of Wisconsin-Stout: Aaron Duch, Sarah Lisko, Joshua Schmidt, Greg Silberzahn and Stephanie Stirn.
• The following students graduated from Marquette University on May 17: Jaclyn Bielefeld, Catherine Brammer, Ann Brobson, Natalie Bruders, Christina Brueck, Joanne Ceman, Craig Cirella, Drake Dettmann, Harrison Dole, Riad El-Azem, John Foley, Kathleen Geraty, Rebecca Goossen, Krystal Klapatch, Andrew Lossmann, Erin McDermott, Matthew McKenney, Allison McNeil, Jaclynn Miller, Natalie Mills, Erin Neary, Gregory Papachristou, Elizabeth Ponto, Kate Radder, Alexis Rhoda, Andrew Rice, Laura Richter, Katherine Sheahan, Pratibha Srivastava, Anne St. Peter, Molly Szymanski, Erin Touhey and Marie Wittig - Brookfield; and Stefanie Carton, Rachelle Dragani, Margaret Hughes, Lynn Maloney, Timothy Nichols and Robert Stone - Elm Grove.
• Mary Catherine Owen of Elm Grove was named to the spring 2009 dean's list at The College of Saint Rose, Albany, N.Y.
• Charity L. McCulloch of Brookfield graduated from Gateway Technical College.
• Andrew Gehl of Elm Grove was named to the spring 2009 honors list at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School.
• Teri Kovars, St. John Vianney School principal, was a first-prize winner in the Honeywell Got 2B Safe! program, which recognizes educators who teach abduction prevention. She won a $500 gift certificate for school supplies.
• Kaitlin Marie Wollak, of Brookfield East, received a renewable $1,000 scholarship from the Elmbrook Memorial Medical Staff Scholarships. She will enter the pre-med program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• Samantha LaBrasca and Jack Korslin, of Brookfield Central, each received a $4,000 scholarship from the Elmbrook Rotary Club. Samantha will attend the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, and Jack will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• Jennifer Wall, a student at Brookfield East, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Elmbrook Rotary Club. She will attend Waukesha County Technical College.
Send submissions to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: May 2
- Celebrations: April 11
- Celebrations: April 4
- Celebrations: March 28
- Celebrations: March 21
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 21
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 31
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10
- Celebrations: Dec. 27
- Celebrations: Dec. 13
- Celebrations: Dec. 6