• Jaclyn Rehberg, Kathryn Schoos, Cassandra Sova, Tiffany Tenley, Lindy Hishmeh, Sarah Mueller, Margaret Nettesheim, Mary Fournogerakis, Josette Ott and Kelly Watzka of Brookfield and Rachael Hoffman and Larisa Gehred of Elm Grove were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Mount Mary College.
• The following students were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Deena Al-Wathiqui, Stephen Arneson, Trevor Belongia, Stephanie Braun, Mary Buchel, Cory Canes, Emily Cardamone, Katherine Carnell, Kathleen Carollo, Patrick Collins, Kevin Crowley, Calen Curley, Gina Derose, Kevin Dwyer, Matthew Fibich, Michael Geracie, Amy Gerosa, Danielle Gilomen, Sarah Glaser, Thomas Gores, Heather Hahn, Joseph Harkins, Nicole Heinen, John Hennessy III, Brian Hershberger, Angela Holmes, Kristen Hubert, Andrea Jackson, Laura Jankowski, Sarah Janowski, Zuhra Kaloti, Muzna Khan, Megan Kurtzweil, Edward Labelle, Ryan Lewis, Rachel Mankiewicz, Gina McRoberts, Robert Molthen, Beth Musni, Steven Nelson, Linda Netherland, Erik Nickel, Peter Orgovan, John Peters, Nikolaos Pitas, Whitney Raasch, Matthew Rose, Michael Scaffidi, Kyle Schildkraut, Matthew Schinner, Jacquelyn Schnell, Kelly Seniuk, Peter Sieber, Taras Smereka, Chelsea Stachowiak, John Steiner, Doug Stephenson, Andrew Stout, Julie Thoms, Christine Tousignant, Justin Vrakas, Heidi Wacker, Robert Wagner III, Elizabeth Watts, Brady Wells, Brittany Weltcheff, Jennifer Westen, Benjamin Willkommen and Karaline Wiltz - Brookfield; Elizabeth Bares, Paula Battiola, Dieter Brummund, Samuel Colondro, Ryan Feldman, Kristin Fredricks, Patricia Kennedy, Lauren Krueger, Brian McAvoy, Benjamin Orlopp, Robert Pattison, Johanna Tomorsky and Joshua Zimmerman - Elm Grove.
• Samuel Du Mez of Brookfield is touring with the Dordt College Concert Choir during spring break from March 12 to 23. He is a sophomore majoring in engineering. The tour includes performances in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, South Dakota and Iowa. This year's tour program includes classical, Christian, folk and patriotic selections.
• Timothy Sonderman of Brookfield was named to the winter quarter dean's list at Milwaukee School of Engineering.
• Alexander Sweet of Brookfield was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management.
• Melanie Napholz of Brookfield graduated from Northern Michigan University in December 2008.
• Gena Dati and Christina Cronin of Brookfield and Gareth Johnson of Elm Grove received academic honors for the fall 2008 semester at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
• Laura Fischer, Heather Knight, Amber Lynn Ryan, Nicholas Urban, Amanda Weidemann and Jenna Wells, all of Brookfield, and Amanda Cotter and Erica Turner of Elm Grove were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Winona State University.
• Hannah Pincsak of Brookfield, a junior at Edgewood College, recently was selected for inclusion in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. She also was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the college.
• David Brand, Benjamin Fahey, Caitlin Dolan, Julia Dreyer, Andrew Nowak and Katie Vance, all of Brookfield, and Regina Horak of Elm Grove were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of St. Thomas.
• Andrew Kemp of Brookfield was named to the fall 2008 chancellor's list at Chapman University.
• Margaret Altschaefl, a 2006 Brookfield Central High School graduate, received a $1,700 Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program Grant from the University of Minnesota. She is investigating the contextual factors that influence a young child's approach to learning words and is examining how pretend play impacts the status of new words as social conventions, as well the categorical scope of these new words. She also is looking at how language acquisition is related to a child's understanding of others' mental states.
• Benjamin Farley, Maria Glorioso, Alexander Keddie, Nicole Noldin, Daniel Pettis and Mark Rollinger, all of Brookfield, and Jessica Tomorsky of Elm Grove graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in December 2008.
• Mary Owen of Elm Grove was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at The College of Saint Rose.
• Julia Umansky of Brookfield was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Boston University.
• Zee Shan Chattha, a senior at Brookfield Academy, was named the Kettle Moraine Chess Conference Player of the Year. Chattha compiled an 8-0-1 record on varsity first board. The Brookfield Academy chess team will compete at the state chess tournament at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh on March 20 and 21.
• Alaina Buchwald, a senior at Brookfield Academy, was selected as the Annis Avery Hill Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution winner of the Good Citizen Essay Contest. Alaina's essay has been forwarded to the Wisconsin Good Citizen Award chairman for consideration at the state level. The Annis Avery Hill Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, based in Wauwatosa, will honor Alaina at a luncheon Saturday, May 16.
• Mark Nelson of Brookfield received the Silver Beaver Award for distinguished service to youth through Boy Scouts of America at the Potawatomi Area Council's 78th annual meeting and recognition dinner Feb. 26.
• Abbey DeLaet, Korinne Pfeifer, Renee Glomski and Caroline Schreiner, all B'Dazzle Dance Team members in Brookfield, were named top finalists at the United Performing Association Academy Awards in February.
• Abbey DeLaet from B'Dazzle Dance in Brookfield was named a United Performing Association All American and National Super Star in the dancer, elementary, category in February.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: May 2
- Celebrations: April 11
- Celebrations: April 4
- Celebrations: March 28
- Celebrations: March 21
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 21
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 31
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10
- Celebrations: Dec. 27
- Celebrations: Dec. 13
- Celebrations: Dec. 6
- Celebrations: Nov. 15
- Celebrations: Nov. 1
- Celebrations: Oct. 25
- Celebrations: Oct. 11