Jessica Marie Erlingis of Norman, Okla., and Alex Lamers of Tallahassee, Fla., are planning a Feb. 8, 2014, wedding at St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church in Garden City, Mich.
Parents of the couple are Stanley and Janice Erlingis of Westland, Mich., and Brad and Janice Lamers of Brookfield.
The bride-to-be earned her bachelor's degree in meteorology in 2010 from the University of Oklahoma in Norman and her master's degree in environmental engineering in 2012 from Duke University in Durham, N.C. She is a doctoral candidate in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.
The future groom also earned his bachelor's degree in meteorology in 2010 from the University of Oklahoma. He is a weather forecaster with the National Weather Service in Tallahassee.
The couple became engaged Dec. 24, 2012, at the home of the bride-to-be's parents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Senior Meals: Oct. 2
- Wedding: Dunlavy-Dwyer
- Engagement: Pronley-Holstad
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Sept. 25
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept.18
- Senior Meals: Sept.11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 11
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 4
- Brookfield Things to Do: Aug 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 21