Charles and Elizabeth Treder, residents of Brookfield for 60 years, celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with a party in Hubertus.
The two were married March 2, 1946, at the priest house at Holy Name Catholic Church in Kimberly.
Children of the couple are Robert and Sheryl Treder of Ashippun, Margaret Treder of Brookfield, Carol and James Bergmann of Milwaukee, and Mary and David Maerker of Wales.
Grandchildren are Jenny and Justin Kemp, Carla Bailey, Brittney Maerker, Katie Maerker and Madison Maerker. Kendall Kemp is their great-grandson.
Charles is a World War II veteran who served in the U.S. Navy for six years. He was a mechanical engineer for Eaton Corp. for 34 years.
Elizabeth was a homemaker.
The couple met at Waverly Beach in Appleton while Charles was in the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Lawrence University. Elizabeth's father introduced the two of them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Things to Do: Aug 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 21
- In Brief: Aug. 14
- Brookfield Senior Meals: August 14
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 14
- In brief: Financial advisor to speak in Brookfield on sustainable investing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 7
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Aug. 7