Margo Owen and Steven Brooks of Chicago were married Oct. 30, 2010, at Prairie Production in Chicago.
Parents of the bride are Nicholas and Mary Owen of Brookfield. Parents of the groom are Terry Brooks of Phoenix and Judy Brooks of Ames, Iowa.
The Rev. Tracy McReynolds of Universal Life Church officiated the 5:30 p.m. ceremony, which was followed by a reception at Prairie Production.
The bride wore a custom-designed silk gown with spaghetti straps, ruched bodice and flowing A-line skirt. She carried white roses.
Matron of honor was Kara Taff of Durham, N.C., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Tracey Knowlton, Tracy McReynolds and Laura Willey of Chicago and Angela Coppo of Thousand Oaks, Calif.
Best man was Nicholas Clayton of Chicago, friend of the groom. Groomsmen were Patric Peterson of Chicago, Tim Velander of Mundelein, Ill., and Ryan Westerkamp of Johnston, Iowa.
The bride earned her master's degree in rehabilitation counseling psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is the assistant director of the Center for Addictive Problems in Chicago.
The groom earned his bachelor's degree in architecture from Iowa State University. He is owner of and principal architect at Kolbrook Design in Chicago.
The couple planned a 10-day honeymoon in Ambergris Caye, Belize.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 4
- Brookfield Things to Do: Aug 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 21
- In Brief: Aug. 14
- Brookfield Senior Meals: August 14
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 14
- In brief: Financial advisor to speak in Brookfield on sustainable investing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Aug. 7