• Gregory Michalak of Brookfield graduated Aug. 19 from Louisiana Tech University with a doctorate in philosophy.
• Amanda Harris of Brookfield was named to the spring 2010 dean's list at Creighton University in Omaha. Amanda also received an early admission to Creighton University into the doctoral occupational therapy program.
• Jerica Arents graduated from Loyola University in Chicago with a master's degree in social justice. Her parents are Doug and Marcie Arents of Brookfield.
• Brandon Arents graduated from Macalester College in St. Paul, Minn., with a double major in German and international studies. His parents are Doug and Marcie Arents of Brookfield.
• The Rev. Gary Grindeland of Brookfield is the new senior pastor at Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield. Among his pastoral obligations, Grindeland conducts the congregation's weekend services; helps coordinate and assists with the adult, senior and youth programs; and provides spiritual support to church members and guidance to the church's care ministry, Sunday school program, preschool program and administration.
Before joining Christ the King, Grindeland served as vice president of church and community relations for Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan and as the state coordinator for Lutheran Disaster Response. He has more than 20 years of parish experience and more than 10 years of social ministry experience in states throughout the Midwest and in New York City. He also serves on the council of the Greater Milwaukee Synod and the Lutheran Campus Ministry board.
• Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Jeremiah Vansliedrecht graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Lynn Mork of Mukwonago and a 2004 graduate of Brookfield East High School.
• Kyle Klapperich of Elm Grove was promoted to Staff Sergeant of the U.S. Air Force Elite Para Rescue Division. Kyle has been in the Air Force for more than six years and has been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in the past. He is the son of Kraig and Nancy Klapperich of Elm Grove.
• Army Reserve Col. Larry Thoms of Brookfield graduated from the U.S. Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, Carlisle, Pa., and earned a master's degree in strategic studies. Thoms served in the military for 26 years. The college is the Army's senior educational institution.
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: May 2
- Celebrations: April 11
- Celebrations: April 4
- Celebrations: March 28
- Celebrations: March 21
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 21
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 31
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10
- Celebrations: Dec. 27
- Celebrations: Dec. 13
- Celebrations: Dec. 6