Kyle and her husband moved to Brookfield in 1986. She became active in local politics and started blogging in 2004. Her focus is primarily on local issues but often includes state and national topics, too. Kyle looks at things from the taxpayers' perspective in a creative, yet down to earth way, addressing them from a practical point of view.
Congressmen Paul Ryan and Jim Sensenbrenner will be discussing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's ObamaCare Health Care Reform bill today and tomorrow, all 1,990 pages of it!
Paul Ryan will be at the Franklin Library* today, Friday, Oct. 30th, at 11am, for a press conference.
Jim Sensenbrenner, along with State Representative Leah Vukmir, will be at the Elm Grove Library** at 12:30pm on Saturday, Oct. 31st. This was a regularly scheduled Town Hall meeting, but somehow, I think the discussion will be primarily about the Pelosi bill. Since Vukmir was a nurse, she will be able to add some insights into this so-called health care reform bill.
Not that Nancy Pelosi is rushing the 1,990 pages of regulation and spending, but the plan is that the House will vote on this toward the end of next week. (Can anyone even read and understand those 1,990 pages by then?)
I heard Paul Ryan on Mark Belling's show yesterday, hour 2. Give it a listen. It is a very straight forward discussion which begins at the beginning of the hour. Here are a few highlights:
- Pelosi's bill cuts $526 billion from Medicare, WITHOUT affecting services! (Why don't they do that now?)
- About 64% of Seniors will lose their Medicare Advantage private plans option.
- Pelosi's bill includes $572 billion in INCOME TAX INCREASES. This would put top earners and small businesses, who file on their personal returns, into a 54% tax rate. "Capitalism can't work" at this tax rate.
- Employers will be able to ditch their approx.15% of salary designated for providing health care and just pay the 8% penalty. This will dump private insurance company group coverage, provided by employers, to the government plan. (Which underpay doctors and hospitals, like Medicare/Medicaid.) So much for you being able to keep your plan. You can't keep a plan your employer is no longer offering!
- Pelosi's plan covers illegal aliens and abortion. Without any amendments to prohibit this coverage, all will be covered at taxpayer expense.
- The bill CLAIMS to be budget neutral, in fact, they promise it will REDUCE the deficit by $104 billion.(If you believe that, I would like to talk to you about The Great Pumpkin.)
Oh, and did I mention that there will be NO AMENDMENTS ALLOWED? Pelosi doesn't want her Democrat members to have to vote against amendments to exclude abortion and illegal alien coverage.
Jim Sensenbrenner (202) 225-5101
Paul Ryan (202) 225-3031
As long as I am calling my senators, I am also urging them to vote against Cap and Trade, which the senate started hearings on this week.
Russ Feingold (202) 224-5323
Senator Herb Kohl (202) 224-5653
CBO's summary of the Pelosi Health Care Reform Bill (Ryan said it was 60 pages long, with a 15 page summary, instead of 1,990 pages, but the pdf is 27 pages.)
*First District Representative Paul Ryan
11 A.M. CT – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2009
Franklin Public Library, Fadrow Room
9151 West Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
**Fifth District Representative Jim Sensenbrenner
12:30 P.M. CT – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2009
Elm Grove Public Library
13600 Juneau Blvd.
Elm Grove WI 53122