The Elmbrook Education Foundation supports the students at all 11 of the District's public schools through its Continuing Education Scholarship, Innovation Grant and Super Grant Programs. In addition, the Foundation has established an endowment held by the Waukesha County Community Foundation to provide a source of permanent support for Foundation programs. For more information, please refer to the Foundation's web site.
The Elmbrook Education Foundation hosted their 4th Annual Winter Social at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts on March 3rd. Elmbrook residents, staff, parents and alumni showed up to offer support for EEF Programs and to meet Elmbrook's new superintendent, Mark Hansen.
Guests were treated to the talents of the BCHS Jazz Combo (member Julian Plant pictured on left) under the direction of Jason Gillette while they enjoyed delicious small plate buffets and desserts catered by Maxie's Southern Comfort and Blue's Egg. This event raised over $15,000 to benefit Elmbrook students and schools.
The EEF would like to thank all of those that attended, volunteered, donated items to support the fundraising activities at the event, or provided support in some other way. The EEF would be unable to host their annual events without support from the community.
The following acted as Sponsors and/or Community Partners to ensure the success of the event:
- Presenting Sponsors: R.W. Baird and Casino Party Specialists
- Leadership Level Sponsor: American Family Insurance
- Scholar Level Sponsors: Beulow-Vetter Law Offices, ActionCoach of Elm Grove, Brian Kilb obo/Landaas Wealth Management, Roger & Rachel Lyon
- Associate Level Sponsors: C.G. Schmidt Construction, The Altschaefl Family, Brookfield Elementary PTO
- Jewelry Dig Sponsor: Faye's
- Wine Pull Sponsor: Integrity Landscape Services
- Print Sponsor: Crossmark Graphics
- Photography Sponsor: Babboni's Photography
- Cash Jar Sponsor: Charlie's East Coast Hair Designs
- Coffee Sponsor: Caribou Coffee on Bluemound
- Additional support provided by GotGold? Parties, Lauren Sinclair - Mary Kay, ava wine + spirits
The picture to the right includes some of the Elmbrook Alumni in attendance at the event. Additional pictures from the event can be found on the EEF facebook page.
Elmbrook Education Foundation programs build upon the wonderful support provided by building level PTOs and booster clubs. The EEF's district-wide grants support Innovative Instruction and Teaching Excellence. The EEF also administers a community-wide scholarship program (originally the Lancer-Spartan Scholarship Fund founded in 1958). This program is completely funded by honorary/memorial funds and directed donations. The Foundation matches recipients to donor criteria. To find out more about the Foundation, check out the EEF website at www.elmbrookeducationfoundation.com.
If you would like to stay up to date on uncoming events and activities of the EEF, make sure to 'like' us on facebook at www.facebook.com/EEFWI and/or subscribe to our online newsletter via our website. The EEF only sends 3-4 newsletters a year.
Our next event is the 9th Annual Ladies Night Sponsored by Pasternak & Zirgibel, S.C. on Tuesday 11/27/2012 at the Westmoor Country Club. Event information can be found on our website. If you are interested in supporting this event by becoming an event sponsor or donating a raffle item, please contact the Foundation at email@example.com.
Your Community! Your Schools! Your Choice!