The Elmbrook Education Foundation supports the students at all 11 of the District's public schools through its Continuing Education Scholarship, Innovation Grant and Super Grant Programs. In addition, the Foundation has established an endowment held by the Waukesha County Community Foundation to provide a source of permanent support for Foundation programs. For more information, please refer to the Foundation's web site.
In 1958, three $500 scholarships were awarded to Brookfield High School students by a volunteer group of parent and community members. It has since grown into a community wide scholarship program made possible through the generosity of honorary/memorial funds, community groups, businesses and school PTOs. Having the EEF administer the program helps ensure that the greatest number of seniors can be honored by our community each year. The EEF takes great care to select recipients that meet the criteria provided by scholarship sponsors. Over $1,000,000 in scholarships has been awarded to Elmbrook's graduating seniors through the Elmbrook Education Foundation.
This past week, 24 students from Brookfield Central and Brookfield East received a $1500 scholarship during their respective Senior Honors Celebrations. All scholarship students were selected based on their commitment to their education, their sincere desire to serve others, and/or their ability to overcome challenges to meet personal goals.
On behalf of the Elmbrook Education Foundation, congratulations to this year’s scholarship recipients and best of luck to the Class of 2011!
Sponsored Scholarship Awards
- Brookfield Rotary Club: Steven Dusing (BCHS), Matthew Zillmer (BEHS), Patricia Paskov (BEHS)
- WaterStone Bank: Claire Stamborski (BCHS), Joshua O'Leary (BEHS), Xiang Yu Feng (BEHS)
- McKinley Masonic Lodge: Jessica Tang (BCHS), Michael Meidl (BEHS)
- Brookfield Junior Woman’s Club: Anna Stamborski (BCHS)
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center: Justin Wells (BCHS), Bryan Eder (BEHS)
- Brookfield Central High School PTO: Diana Ertl (BCHS)
- Brookfield East High School PTO: Matthew Conway (BEHS)
- Pilgrim Park Student Senate: Emily Davidson (BEHS)
- First Weber Group Foundation: Elizabeth Stief (BCHS)
Memorial and Honorary Scholarships
EEF memorial and honorary funds begin as a single donation or a collection of donations and are established to honor someone special for their impact on the Elmbrook School District.
- Holly Christina Stahl Memorial Scholarship: Kristina Rohloff (BCHS)
- Irven Hoesly Memorial Scholarship: Charles Niemann (BCHS), Natalie Dillon (BEHS)
- Jim Briscoe Honorary Scholarship: Miles Plant (BCHS)
- Charles Turner Honorary Scholarship: Michael Pan (BCHS)
- Nancy Marsho Honorary Scholarship (Tonawanda PTO): Nick Tongas (BEHS)
- Nancy Marsho Honorary Scholarship (The Botcher Family): Kathleen Cashin (BEHS)
- Brookfield Woman’s Club Honorary Scholarship: Meredith Dykehouse (BCHS), Laura Burbach(BEHS)
Our honorary/memorial scholarship funds are especially meaningful to our students as they provide a long term connection to someone very special who has made, or continues to make, a difference in the lives of our Elmbrook students. For example,
Holly Christina Stahl Memorial Scholarship Fund: This scholarship was first awarded in 2011. Holly was a BCHS 2009 graduate who passed away in December of 2010 in a car accident on the way home from college to visit her family for the holidays. She had a sincere zest for life and an indominable spirit. She was always in the front row with an infectious smile raising her hand to help with anything and everything. Her motto was 'Love Life'. She valued her education and worked hard to overcome a reading disability to achieve personal goals. This scholarship is awarded to someone who approaches their life and education with the same passion that Holly did.
Irven Hoesly Memorial Scholarship Fund: Irv was the first principal of Pilgrim Park Middle School and served in that capacity from 1958-1985. He strong believed that administrators and staff were partners with students and parents in providing an excellent education. He always put the interests of students who showed a passion for their education above all others. He believed in Elmbrook as a critical component of a vibrant community and was committed to sustaining the quality of education here throughout his career. All 3 of his children and 4 of his grandchildren attended Elmbrook Schools.
Jim Briscoe Honorary Scholarship Fund: This endowed fund was established by a single anonymous donor who wanted to honor Jim for his many years of leadership at BCHS as principal from 1996-2002. Jim is remembered as having attended all school functions to show his support of his students. This fund is permanent in that a scholarship is awarded out of the proceeds that this fund generates on an annual basis. This scholarship rewards the development of a successful character above academic achievements.
Charles Turner Honorary Scholarship Fund: This fund was established to honor Charles for the amount of support and encouragement he provided Brookfield Central’s athletes as physical education teacher and coach from 1965-2003 (officially retired in 1989). This fund provides a scholarship to a BCHS student who has been active in track or cross country each year.
Nancy Marsho Honorary Scholarship Fund: This scholarship was first awarded in 2004 to honor the retirement of Nancy Marsho who had been the principal at Tonawanda El for 12 years. Students who attended Tonawanda between 1992-2004 will remember her fondly. Nancy's educational philosophy and belief was always "what's best for kids." She believed in Tonawanda as part of the Elm Grove community. It was at her direction that retirement gifts be donated to the Elmbrook Education Foundation for the benefit of Elmbrook’s students. Tonawanda has pledged support for this scholarship through 2016 when the last of Nancy's students graduate from BEHS. In addition, the Botcher Family funded an additional scholarship in her honor this year to honor her for her leadership during the time their children attended Tonawanda.
Brookfield Woman’s Club Scholarship Fund: This fund was established in 2006 when the club disbanded after 62 years of tireless service to our community. The club wanted to do something that would benefit the community for years to come. Given the School District of Elmbrook is a key resource for our community, they decided to donate their reserves to the Elmbrook Education Foundation to fund a scholarship at each High School from 2006-2014.
If you are interested in more information on how to establish an honorary/memorial scholarship fund, please contact the Foundation's Executive Director, Laura Schmidt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brookfield Central High School Recipients:
- Back Row: Justin Wells, Claire Stamborski, Jessica Tang, Meredith Dykehouse, Anna Stamborski, Steven Dusing, Elizabeth Stief
- Front Row: Miles Plant, Kristina Rohloff, Diana Ertl, Charles Niemann, Michael Pan
Brookfield East High School Recipients
- Back Row: Patricia Paskov, Matthew Zillmer, Laura Burbach, Michael Meidl, Matthew Conway, Bryan Eder, Kathleen Cashin, Nick Tongas
- Front Row: Xiang Yu Feng, Emily Davidson
- Not Pictured: Joshua O'Leary, Natalie Collins
Stay connected to the Elmbrook Education Foundation via facebook at www.facebook.com/EEFWI.