The Elmbrook Education Foundation supports the students at all 11 of the District's public schools through its Continuing Education Scholarship, Innovation Grant and Super Grant Programs. In addition, the Foundation has established an endowment held by the Waukesha County Community Foundation to provide a source of permanent support for Foundation programs. For more information, please refer to the Foundation's web site.
The Foundation has recently moved from a 9 month year to a 12 month year. We have been busy working on new events/programs for the benefit of our Elmbrook students and schools. Here are just a few highlights on what we have been working on since our last post:
- PROHEALTH CARE COMMUNITY OUTREACH EVENT ON SUNDAY, 11/14/10 ... ProHealth Care Regency would like to invite the community to join them for a Chili Social from 2-4 p.m. to benefit the Middle School Math SMART Response Campaign. Please fill out the registration form on the Foundation's web site by 11/8/10 to register. We are so thankful for community partners who support our Elmbrook Schools!
- LADIES NIGHT AT THE WESTMOOR ON 11/30/10 .... Registration is NOW OPEN! Please join us for our annual Ladies Night at the Westmoor sponsored by Pasternak & Zirgibel, S.C.. This event sells out so please make sure to get your registration in by the deadline of 11/13/10. Event and registration information can be found on the Foundation's web site. Auction, raffle and holiday bakery donations are now being accepted for this event. Please email the Foundation for more information at email@example.com.
- BCHS and BEHS ALUMNI FUNDS NOW AVAILABLE: The Foundation now holds endowment funds on behalf of BCHS and BEHS Alumni. These funds are a perfect way our alumni to be part of the legacy of Elmbrook. Please consider a gift on behalf of a favorite teacher/program or your graduating class. Please see the Donations Page of the Foundation web site for more information.
- SMART RESPONSE CAMPAIGN 80% COMPLETE! With the community's support, the Foundation has delivered SMART Response systems to 15 out of the 18 middle school math classrooms to provide real-time assessment data to support effective differentiation. We are currently only $2,800 short of our goal to equip all middle school classrooms with this important technology. Please consider making a donation to complete this campaign. Please see the Donations page on the Foundation's web site for more information about how you can help!
- 2010-2011 ANNUAL SPONSOR APPEAL UNDERWAY! The Foundation is dependent on the support from our corporate and resident sponsors for support. Please refer to the Donations page on the Foundation web site for more information.
- NEW POSITIONS NOW OPEN! In an effort to further develop Foundation programs, the Board will increase from 12 to 18 community Board members during the 2010-11 school year. The Foundation has filled 15 Board positions as of this post. Additional committee and/or advisor postions are also available for those wishing to help but unable to serve as a board member. Those interested in learning more about the Foundation's volunteer opportunities should contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GUS MACKER, JULY: The Foundation was selected as one of two non-profit organizations to receive the proceeds from the Gus Macker 3x3 Basketball Tournament held this past July in Brookfield for the first time. This event was co-sponsored by the City of Brookfield Visitors and Convention Bureau and WFH - Elmbrook Memorial Hospital. This event attracted 1500 players and spectators. Because of its success, it is now slated as an annual event for Brookfield. Save the date for next year's event ... July 23-24, 2011. www.macker.com
- INTERNATIONAL CYCLING CLASSIC, JULY: The CVB was also successful in bringing another new regional event to Brookfield this past summer. This event attracted approximately 500 cyclists from all over the globe. Spectators came from Brookfield and neighboring communities to watch the race held at Civic Plaza. The Foundation was selected as one of the vendors for this event. This event will be held again on July 15, 2011. www.internationalcycling.com
Special Offers from our Community Partners:
- Babboni Photography of Brookfield is offering unique discounts and a $50 donation to the Foundation for all sessions purchased by year-end. Purchased sessions can be scheduled for any time prior to May 31, 2011. For more information, please refer to the Foundation Promotion on the Babboni Photography web site.